Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Favorites

I haven't been posting on here very often because I've been working on a number of long term projects that have been very demanding. Here are a few of my favorite videos from the past months.

My favorite is this piece on Jeff Hornagold, who lost his battle with lung cancer. A newsroom secretary gave me is obit and he and his family sounded very interesting. I called the funeral home and asked his wife, Judy, if I could come and shoot his funeral in the morning. She said that I could come and that Jeff would have loved to be in the newspaper.
His funeral and family stuck out to me because they were not going to use a hearse to the church from the funeral home, they were going to use a UPS truck. Jeff was a 20 year UPS worker and it was a job he loved. His best friend Mike McGowan delivered him to the church, dressed in a cleanly pressed brown uniform. What a great send-off. Jay Leno even talked about the funeral in his monologue later that week.



Another fav assignment was covering little Ben Spangel of McHenry. He's 11 years old and I don't think he knows the meaning of quit. He has cerebral palsy and was feeling left out of the county track meet every year. So, he created his own event, the assisted walk challenge, for people needing the assistance of walkers and canes. Here's the event, Ben's quite an inspiration....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

блин ржачно пипец ))) [url=http://tutledy.ru/muzhchiny-i-lyubov/68-kak-priznatsya-muzhchine-v-lyubvi.html]как признаться мужчине в любви[/url]